Friday, May 15, 2009

Simply milk

Daddy Mummy have decided to bottle feed me instead of direct breastfeeding. Mummy said my tiny little princess mouth finds it difficult to latch onto the areola. As a result, Mummy has to work doubly hard to pump out her milk and keep them refrigerated for me. Mummy had been feeling very bad to resort to bottle feeding, but Daddy cheekily claimed that it's a good avenue for him to bond with me instead =)

Daddy Mummy went shopping for milk bags at Marina Square on Sunday. Goodness, these storage bags ain't cheap, but daddy bought a box to try nevertheless. Auntie Su Yin dropped by later in the evening. She bought a book for mummy, "What to Expect: The First Year". She says it is a "bible" for first time Daddies and Mummies, and Daddy need to finish reading it to help Mummy. Go Daddy, you can do it, it is only 783pages!! =)

The next day, Auntie Guiwei, Uncle Royce, Chang En Cheh Cheh came over to visit. Auntie Guiwei was very nice and shared a lot of her motherhood experience. The secrets to milk production lies with 1 pot of fish soup a day, coupled with lots of hot milo. Haha, this sounds weird, but apparantly many people said the same thing about milo. I wonder if it has to do with the similarity in their spelling, mil-K and mil-O, and then upon drinking, you will definitely win the knock-out (KO) . Anyway, Auntie Guiwei also gave us a box of milk liner and 8 glass bottles for storing milk. This somehow relieved Mummy of the stress over milk storage and can continue to pump more milk for me with ease.

Thanks Mummy, for the most nutritious food ever! Last measured two days ago, I was 4.2kg and 56cm in length. I am growing!! Of course, with the growth, my appetite also increased. I'm currently drinking 80ml per meal. Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment