Tuesday, May 5, 2009

An Eventful Day...

Wah... I really must say, today (5 May 09, Daddy say today also is Navy Day) is a very eventful day and a lot of things happened. Painful thing, happy things.

Today Daddy and Mummy had to take me to visit Dr Heng, my first PD. It is supposed to be a routine check up, and we have to reach there at 11am. And guess what, Daddy left the packing to the last minute, and being a first time parent, he really did not know what to bring out. I saw him panicking here and there, trying to crack his head on what to bring. He almost forgotten to bring one most important thing to me, which is my diaper... haha.

Reaching Dr Heng's clinic, Daddy was sad to know that only Mummy can company me in. Yah, it is because of Lynn cheh cheh, all her H1N1 flu thingy loh, make the clinic allowing only one adult to company me in. But who knows, the next thing that happened, was very very painful...

OUCH!! Dr Heng poked something into my right leg, similar to the one in MAH. Now I remember, she is the "evil cheh cheh" who made me pain pain. Mummy say she is not evil, and in fact, she is trying to help me by checking my blood. The sharp sharp thing that she poked in, supposed to take out some of my blood for test don't know what jaundice thing one. But it was really painful, I saw my own blood, and it was scary...

After the clinic, we went to Er Gu Ma (second grand-aunt)'s house. I saw my cousin, Shervel there. My, she is much bigger than me. But of course, she is 7 months older. I must say I like her hair style, one look everyone will know she has a lot of hair! At there, Mummy managed to catch some lost sleep, and only to wake up in time to bring me for the lactation consultation at MAH with Sister Kang. The best thing is, Er Gu Ma gave me my very first red packet!! I was soooooo happy. =)

After that, we went to MAH to see Sister Kang, who also made me very happy. She managed to help Mummy to clear the engorgement problem, and I finally got breastmilk to drink!! So sweet is the milk, that I refused to let go even when Sister kang say need to change side... Woooh, glad Mummy chose to press on, to let me have the best milk in the world!! =)

Once home, I can see Mummy very much more relaxed. She seemed to have stressed too much over the last few days of feeding. She tried at every single feeding session to latch me, but my small small mouth just cannot "cup" into the aeorla area, which made me impatient with food and cried a lot. This made Mummy very sad and unhappy with herself for not able to feed me... Naughty me, never consider Mummy's feeling. Sorry Mummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment