Tuesday, May 5, 2009

First Few Days at Home

Daddy told me, that Mummy is the greatest person on Earth to me. And I really had for myself to see what he meant by this in the first few days of my stay at home.

During the stay in the hospital, Mummy had been breastfeeding me with the help from the nurse cheh cheh. Everything went on well. But after we were discharge and reach home, Mummy had difficulties in feeding me. She encountered difficulties in getting me to latch on, and thus leading to me crying due to hunger. I still remember, on the first night, Daddy had to drive out to the 24hr Cold Storage, at 11+pm, just to buy milk powder for me, for fear of me starving. Luckily Yi-Po was there also, to give encouragement to Mummy.

And mind you, it was not just once or twice that I didn't managed to latch for feeding, and goodness, Mummy was so stress about that. After the first feed of the formula milk (Daddy bought Friso for me, as he say no money to buy Similac, which I wonder why. Nonetheless, Friso was quite nice also, I finished in few gulps), I went to sleep. But Mummy and Daddy didn't managed to. Mummy got very upset. She blamed herself for being a lousy mum who cannot do the simplest thing such as to feed her daughter (me). She broke down, and cried for the next two hours, so badly that her eyes were swollen on the next morning.

I felt bad, but I really did not know how to communicate to Mummy, telling her that it is ok. But I really tried telling her, I went "Wah, Wah, Wah", in which I meant "Mummy, no sad". In my world, my dictionary is confined to "wah", for I cannot show that I am a very intelligent kid who knows more than that. Give me a few years, I will show you my intelligence. =)

Anyway, things just did not go well for the next two days, and Mummy got into engorgement, and it was harder for me to latch. My tiny weeny mouth just cannot gulp onto the aeorla. =(

Daddy was very sad that Mummy feel sad, and he went on to find research, and went to buy cold cabbage, buy nipple shield, make warm towel, just for Mummy to try to continue feed me. Alas, none of them work. They decide to take Uncle Alphonsus' advice, to seek help from Sister Kang, who is a Lactation Consultant from MAH.

Oh, one important thing that I didn't elaborate. Yi-Po shifted in from the day we arrived back from MAH, to help Mummy to take care of me. She was the one who showered me, clean me, cooked for Mummy, and gave me all the love that I need when Mummy was down. I really must say "Thank you and I love you Yi Po!!". =)

No comments:

Post a Comment