Sunday, May 3, 2009

I am born...


Hi hi,
My name is Corine, and I am born on this very day of 29 Apr 09, 1538hr. I weighed 3.605kg, at 52cm long. My parents were caught by surprise with my size, as they claimed my Mummy's tummy wasn't big during the final days of the pregnancy.

More importantly, I was induced to be delivered on this day, as my parents like to teach me the first value in life, punctuality. According to Dr Y.C. Goh, my Estimated Delivery Date (EDD) is on 29 Apr 09. Thus, my Mummy was planned for admission to Mount Alvernia Hospital, at 0640hr.

Once "checked in", my Mummy said she was very nervous, as during the period of waiting, she heard at least 2 other mums-to-be screaming during delivery. It made her very very worried that it will be painful. Thus, she chose to have epidural delivery, and was put on drip also for the induction, by 1000hr.

At about 1100hr, Mummy started to feel the pain or contractions. Daddy was there to comfort her, and gave moral support. And after much pain till about 1500hr, the midwife came in to teach Mummy how to push me out... erm, not using hands of course, just using her stomach muscle to push internally. Inside there, I felt the signal to come out then, thus I also pushed hard, to come out on my own. I am not sure why, but Daddy went to tell the midwife, who decided that we all need to wait for Dr Goh to come. And I was pushed back into Mummy's tummy, leaving me a bit confused, on whether should I try to come out on my own. But things were much clearer when they "closed the doorway", which I assumed that it is "no exit" sign.

Shortly after, Dr Goh arrived, and the door way was once again opened, then Mummy and I started to work my exit again. It didn't take too long, as I saw Dr Goh using what I thought was a vacuum cleaner (later my Daddy told me that it is just normal vacuum, not for cleaning) to suck my head, and presto, I was born. =)









No comments:

Post a Comment